Saddle Trial Policy
It is our pleasure to allow you, as our valued customer, the opportunity to take the saddle you have selected ”on trial” before purchasing. Customers picking up saddles in-shop will have 3 days to test the saddles and can take up to 3 saddles at a time. We highly recommend reading our Saddle Fitting How-To-Guide before coming in to assist with finding you and your horse the perfect saddle.
To ensure that our saddles remain looking as new as possible, we ask that you adhere to a few simple requests.
- Please do not clean or oil the saddle (New or used)
- Protect the saddle from stirrup leather marks by using soft calfskin leathers (or wrapping them with tube socks or nylon knee highs).
- Keep the saddle covered and protected at all times, except when test riding. Please do not leave it in the barn or your vehicle.
- Ensure the billet guards cover the girth buckles. Please do not put the leathers through the keepers and use the soft material (above) to contain them.
- Chaps, tall boots and/or spurs should be worn at your own risk as they can easily mark a saddle. Please do not wear jeans.
- You are responsible for the saddle while it is in your care.
- We do not assure the quality, safety, or integrity of Used Saddles. All used saddles are sold as-is and do not include stirrup leathers, stirrup irons, girths, etc.
Saddles returned with excessive wear will be charged a damage fee equal to the amount by which we will have to discount the price of the saddle since it can no longer be considered or sold as originally priced. Excessive wear is defined as no longer looking new, including, but not limited to rubs on the flaps, scratches in the leather, dings or cuts in the pommel or cantle.
For saddles shipped out of the shop:
All new or used saddles must be paid for in full by credit card, including any tax and shipping charges. Saddles shipped out of the state of Washington do not pay sales tax!
You must notify us before the end of your 5 day trial period if you plan to return the saddle. If we do not hear from you within the 5 day period the saddle is considered sold.
- Should you return the saddle, the credit card will be refunded within 10 to 15 days, less any shipping and saddlery charges which are non-refundable.
- All saddles will be sent Signature Required. Shipping for each saddle in the contiguous U.S. is $95. (If you are trialing 2 or more saddles, you will be contacted to pay the additional shipping rates once your order has been received.)
- Shipping rates for Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be assessed at checkout.
- Save the original shipping box and original packing materials. Please inspect the box for damage it may have incurred on its way to you. If you need to make a return please use the same box and materials.
- Saddles are shipped with a return label so that you can take advantage of our business shipping rates. Should you choose to use it, please ensure any other labels are covered or crossed out, then securely attach the pre-printed label to the original box and drop it off at an affiliate mailing center. When the trial saddle is returned, it will be refunded less the return shipping charges. Due to international customs requirements, saddles shipped to Canada do not include a return label.
- Should you decide to return the saddle without our label, please insure the shipment for the price of the saddle and return it by a traceable carrier (Fedex, UPS or USPS insured).
- Email the tracking number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Olson's is not responsible for customs duties or taxes for Canadian shipments. Shipping internationally can be expensive and time consuming. We recommend that you have a very good idea that the saddle will be a good fit for you and your horse before undertaking the trial process. Our team is always available to answer any questions you may have. If you would like to estimate your fees, they can be calculated HERE
For any questions regarding the trial process we are here to help!
Call or Text: 425-454-9453