Saddle Consignment Policy
Consignment Saddle Guidelines:
Olson’s Tack Shop offers over 75 years of experience and knowledge to ensure a swift and efficient consigning process. We pride ourselves with a knowledgeable and experienced sales staff, assisting our clients in finding the ideal saddle for horse and rider. Olson’s Tack has a thriving saddle business, selling hundreds of used saddles each year. Consigning your saddle with us will ensure it is seen by as many potential buyers as possible. We provide easy access to try saddles in-store and to take on trial via our website, www.olsonstack.com, which receives thousands of views each day.
By utilizing our resident saddle fitter, we do our best to answer fitting questions before the saddle goes on trial in order to assess the likelihood of a match. (Find out more about correct saddle fit here).
We maintain a database of clients actively seeking a wide range of saddles. When your saddle arrives, we proactively contact those clients who are on the waiting list and advise that a potential match has arrived.
What to do before bringing or sending your saddle in for consignment:
Please contact us via text or phone 425-454-9453. Send photos and any information you may have. We will contact you to schedule an in-store intake appointment. If we feel that your saddle is a model we would be able to sell on consignment you will be required to fill out a consignment contract detailing the consignment process.
- All saddles must be clean, well conditioned, and in good condition or better.
- Less than 10 years old
- Saddles must not have any rips or tears in the leather or any loose structural stitching.
- Billets must be safe and not overly worn.
- Trees must be sound and balanced.
- The entire gullet channels should be a minimum of 2″ wide.
- We do not accept fittings (stirrups, leathers, etc.) with saddles.
- We reserve the right to refuse any saddle that fails to uphold this specific criteria.
If shipping your saddle to us:
Obtain authorization from Courtney or Mike first. This can be done by texting us at 425-454-9453 or by emailing at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ship in the smallest sturdiest box possible. Please NO PACKING PEANUTS!
If your saddle has a cover, wrap the pommel and cantle in bubble wrap.
If there is no cover we recommend wrapping the entire saddle in bubble wrap.
We strive to be an environmentally responsible company and will reuse or recycle all available packing material.
What to expect:
- We will work with you to find a price that is realistic based upon our experience, sales history, and current market conditions.
- Your saddle will receive a full detail using only the best cleaners and conditioners.
- Each saddle receives a website listing containing several professional quality images.
- Used saddles are one of the most trafficked areas on olsonstack.com and attract buyers from all over North America.
- Thorough, accurate descriptions helping potential buyers determine if it is the correct saddle for them.
- Safe, secure shipping to potential customers.
- Every saddle we offer comes with a 5 day trial period in which customers are allowed to ride in the saddle (not including shipping time). A full credit card authorization is collected and customers are responsible for any damage done to the saddle of the course of the trial. Your saddle is insured when it is shipped.
A 30% commission on the final sale price covers the cost we incur in detailing, marketing, and advertising your saddle. When your saddle is sold, there is a four week processing period before a check is sent to you. If you are local and would like to opt for a store credit instead of a check being issued the consignment rate is 25%.
A $50 processing fee will be incurred on any saddle removed from consignment within 90 days of intake.
There is a six (6) month limit on saddles left on consignment. Should your saddle fail to sell within six months, you will be contacted to pick up your saddle. Should we be unable to reach you, Olson’s Tack Shop reserves the right to donate the saddle to a local charitable organization.
Seller agrees that consigned items may be, at Olson’s Tack Shop’s discretion, removed from the store by prospective purchasers for demonstration purposes and that some wear and tear may result. Seller agrees that Olson’s Tack will not be responsible for the loss of or damage to the items while on consignment with Olson’s Tack other than for loss resulting from negligence of Olson’s Tack or its employees.
If you have additional questions, please contact us through email, by visiting our store in Bellevue, or by calling or texting 425-454-9453.